Scott and I are wishing each of your a wonderful joy filled Christmas
I know we still have a few more weeks left in 2011 but I wanted to go ahead and talk about my future plans for 2012.
I don’t normally come up with resolutions because they never seem to pan out so I thought I’d try something different in 2012.
For this next year, I wanted to come up with a word or a catch phrase that would help keep me grounded and motivated this next year. Something that I could mutter to myself when I didn’t want to do something or when the alarm goes off too early for my liking. I wanted something that would push me to be a stronger runner, that would grow my love for biking, exercising and leading a healthy lifestyle. A word or phrase that would help me to be a better Christian and a better wife. Something that would help me to stay focused at work when the sky is baby blue and day dreaming starts creeping in on me.
The word I came up with for 2012 is CONSISTENCY.
I think that if I can strive to find consistency in my life I will achieve all of those goals above and maybe even more.
In my mind I have broken all of those goals down even further to give myself guidelines for keeping consistent. For example, I want to strive to eat 1 piece of fruit at each meal and to have at least one veggie at lunch and two for dinner. If I can do that consistently enough, I should find myself feeling healthier and could possibly drop a few pounds. An exercise example is that starting in January, I want to consistently ride my bike once a week.I am going to start training for the MS150 with Scotty here in January so I will probably ride more than that up until April but I have a minimum for the remainder of the year.
Yes, I also plan to even jump back on the blogging train and try to get back into a more consistent routine and take care of my little corner of the web. Though I haven’t quite decided my plan for the blog yet. I could go back to blogging 5 days a week or I may cut it back to a Monday, Wednesday, Friday schedule.
Has anyone else already started thinking about the new year? What are your goals?
I have finally found a few minutes to blog! Since I don’t have a lot of time to really ponder creating a cohesive post I thought I would just ramble a little about what’s been going on lately.
1. I have realized that my cat Stella has no grace. She is very small but she knows how to leave a path of destruction behind her. She has no regard to what her tail is doing when she walks around and if she wants you to pet her, she will knock down everything around her to get your attention. She has been driving me crazy the past few mornings knocking EVERYTHING possible off of the bathroom counter.
2. I spent a huge amount of time past weekend reading and it was glorious.
Yup, I read them all this past weekend. I loved every single book.
3. I need some new books to read! Any suggestions?
We were celebrating her birthday and at some point our husbands found/created a game that was similar to beer pong but required that the person shooting had to wear this helmet/box and sunglasses. Cracks me up.
I hope everyone is having a great week!
This week has been flying by just like the past two weeks and looking at the calendar..we’re only 3 weeks from Christmas!
Three Things Thursday
1. Has everyone finished their Thanksgiving leftovers? Thanksgiving was a week ago and we still have dressing left over. I LOVE my mom’s dressing which is an old recipe that really has no instructions only ingredients. You just have to know how to make it by taste. In the past when I lived at home, I was always the taster with my dad because we were the only ones who would eat raw dressing by the bowl full. Now my mom just makes me my own pan of cooked dressing to take home. Scott doesn’t eat it so it was all up to me to eat the entire pan and I managed to consume all but about 1/4 of it. I have to say though, I think I’m done with dressing… at least until next year.
2. I LOVE my new job. This is big for me. While I adored the faculty I worked for in my last job, I just wasn’t happy there any more. But now I am actually excited to get up every morning at commute the hour and half that it takes me to get here. I am perfectly happy coming in early and staying late and I enjoy every second of my very busy days. I have a great office space with a window that I can stare out of and I no longer have a officemate. I should mention though that I really liked the girl I sat next to at my old job. She was a cat person just like me so we bonded immediately. However, I am distracted easily and have found that now that I am in my own space, I work much faster and more efficiently.
3. It is December 1! I feel like I can start thinking about Christmas now. I needed the week off from holidays. I don’t know people can move from Halloween to Thanksgiving to Christmas with no break. I have enjoyed having the apartment back to it’s normal self with no decorations this past week. My co-workers brought out the Christmas decorations here at work today too so I had some fun with everyone and decorated my window.
The penguin is my favorite! I used electrical tape to make the string for the lights but it didn’t work out so well. Maybe I’ll get around to fixing it before Christmas.
It is HARD going back to work after having 4 and half days off! I don’t think I have taken that much time off at once since the wedding. I had a fantastic Thanksgiving and I hope all of you did as well. I spent most of my days cleaning, napping, and eating with a little running/walking thrown in for good measure. It is so nice to start the week feeling like a lot was accomplished during your time off.
I wanted to jump in today with just some quick updates. Honestly, I think my new job is going to continue to keep me extremely busy but I plan to update as much as I can.
- I am still running! This is huge for me. I am running 3 miles roughly 3 times a week with walking breaks. My leg still hurts and causes me to limp for about a day after I run but while I run the pain is minimal so for now I plan to keep running and increasing my distance while spending extra time stretching
- I am checking out BodyPump for the first time tonight and I’m pretty excited about it. I have heard so many great things about it.
- Scott and I just received e-mails about jersey size for the MS150!!! Let the bike riding fun begin.
- I tried the Gingerbread latte on Wednesday…It was horrible! I don’t recommend it and I’ll stick to pumpkin spice and peppermint mocha’s from now on.
- I have already found the Christmas cards that we will send out this year and will make that purchase next Monday. I’m pretty excited about it since this is our first year send out cards as Mr. and Mrs. Davis.
Speaking of Christmas…..has anyone started decorating already? Hopefully, we’ll get started this next weekend.
A few weeks ago I was contacted by the people at My Memories Suite about trying out their digital scrapbooking software. I tested out the My Memories Suite v2 and had a really great time playing around with the software.
I am just starting to imagine all of the fun things I can do with this software. I’m thinking Christmas cards, thank you cards, party invitations, and digital scrapbooking of course. I was also really impressed to see that they offer free downloads on their site too that you can easily add to your software and use.
I am also super excited because the sweet people over at My Memories Suite want to give one of my readers their own copy of this software!!!
And if you aren’t into scrapbooking, this software would make a really great Christmas gift to give the crafty person in your family!
To enter just head on over to My Memories Suite website and tell me which album template is your favorite.
If you would like to submit an additional entry you can follow My Memories on facebook and then come back here and let me know.
I will choose the winner on Monday the 28th via random.org. GOOD LUCK!
I’m sorry I went all MIA on everyone again. Scott and I had a great/busy weekend last weekend and this week I finished one job and started a new one all in the same week. To say I have been busy would be in understatement. I would not recommend doing this.
Scott did send me flowers to my new office though. It was such a nice way to end my day yesterday. And as you can tell from the picture I have a window! Best thing ever!
As for this little blog of mine…I think I might need to take a short break. I have some stuff coming up for next week (MY FIRST GIVEAWAY EVER!!) but will probably slow down on the posting for a while. I really want to focus on my new postion and get settled in without feeling guilty for not posting on my blog. I was also telling Scott last night how out of sorts I have been feeling lately. We have just lost sight of our normal routine and I need to get back on track.I really would like to try and post atleast 2-3 times per week but we’ll see. Hopefully, those of you that follow me won’t abandon me.